Competition for Prisoner Ombudsman for Northern Ireland launched
Justice Minister David Ford has launched a competition to recruit a new Prisoner Ombudsman for Northern Ireland.
~ Thursday, 7 February 2013
The Prisoner Ombudsman holds a key investigative role in the criminal justice system and is vital in helping to ensure widespread confidence in the prison system
Northern Ireland Department of Justice
The Prisoner Ombudsman is primarily responsible for investigating complaints from prisoners and investigating deaths in Prison Service custody in Northern Ireland.
The current Prisoner Ombudsman Pauline McCabe will be leaving the post at the end of her term in May 2013.
David Ford said: “The Prisoner Ombudsman holds a key investigative role in the criminal justice system and is vital in helping to ensure widespread confidence in the prison system.
“My Department is seeking applications from those who believe they can bring the essential wealth of experience, professionalism and knowledge to this demanding post.
“I encourage anyone with an interest in criminal justice, who believes they have the necessary attributes and experience, to apply.”
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 28th February 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.
Notes to Editors
- Download the Candidate information pack and application form
- Hard Copies are also available as follows:-
Telephone: 028 90522703
By writing to:
Department of Justice
Block A Castle Buildings
- The Department of Justice is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Department is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all applicants. Applications are welcomed regardless of age, gender, disability, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants.
- Candidate information packs and application forms can be provided in alternative formats and applicants requiring assistance will be facilitated on request. Applicants invited for interview will be eligible for re-imbursement of reasonable travelling expenses.
- All media enquires should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office 028 9052 6139. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.