PROPOSALS TO ALIGN THE PYROTECHNIC ARTICLES DIRECTIVE AND THE CIVIL EXPLOSIVES DIRECTIVE TO THE NEW LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK
Your views are invited on the European Commissionís proposals to align the Civil Explosives Directive (93/15/EEC) and the Pyrotechnic Articles Directive to European Council Decision 768/2008/EC and certain related provisions of Regulation 765/2008/EC.
The proposals aim to address:
- the number of pyrotechnic and explosive products that do not meet the requirements considered necessary to place the products on the market. This issue is tackled through improved traceability and clearer requirements for manufacturers, importers and distributors to co-operate with enforcement authorities;
- inconsistent performance by those responsible for overseeing the suitability of products being placed on the market. This will be tackled by introducing measures to ensure the quality of the work performed; and
- the complexity of the current legislation, by introducing definitions and terminology which are to be common to all the Directives and also to introduce common approaches for certain elements of the process to assess products as suitable to be placed on the market.
- Download the consultation document (PDF 284 KB)
- Equality screening form (PDF 489 KB)
- The Placing on the Market and Supervision of Transfers of Explosives Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1993 (PDF 511 KB)
- The Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2010
Summary of responses
Hard copies of responses to this consultation are available on request - please e-mail email@example.com