Proposed amendments to the Legal Aid for Crown Court Proceedings (Costs) Rules (Northern Ireland) 2005
The Department of Justice is carrying out a consultation on amendments to the Legal Aid for Crown Court Proceedings (Costs) Rules (Northern Ireland) 2005 (the 2005 Rules).
The consultation document seeks views on the proposals but is particularly interested to receive views on specific aspects of the proposals. These are:
- Whether the proposed fees payable in respect of confiscation hearings and Public Protection Application Fees are consistent with the value for money test contained in Article 37 of the Legal Aid, Advice and Assistance (Northern Ireland) Order 1981;
- Whether anything can be identified that should be changed in the proposals to enable the fees to be adjusted to produce fairer remuneration; and
- Whether the new rules should be brought into operation in respect of all defence certificates granted on or after 1 August 2012.
- Consultation document on Amendments to the 2005 Rules (PDF 93 KB)
- Amendment Rules (PDF 43 KB)
- Impact Assessment (PDF 59 KB)
- Section 75 Screening Form (PDF 178 KB)