R & S Bulletin 1/2012 'Perceptions of Crime': Findings from the 2010/11 Northern Ireland Crime Survey'
This bulletin is based on findings from the 2010/11 Northern Ireland Crime Survey (NICS).
Wednesday, 29 February 2012
- R & S Bulletin 1/2012 ‘Perceptions of Crime: Findings from the 2010/11 Northern Ireland Crime Survey’ (PDF 581 KB)
- Perceptions of Crime: Findings from the 2010/11 Northern Ireland Crime Survey - Data Tables (XLS 267 KB)
In addition to describing respondents’ perceptions of causes of crime, recent changes in crime levels and the extent of anti-social behaviour in the local area, the bulletin illustrates three commonly used measures of concern about crime:
- worry about crime and personal safety;
- perceptions of the risk of victimisation; and
- perceptions of the effect of ‘fear of crime’ on quality of life.
We would welcome any feedback or comments you may have on our reports. Please contact us with your views.